Number of Servings: 6
Serving Size: about 5 ounces
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Equipment Needed: 5-6 quart Crockpot
- 3 ½ – 4 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 12 ounces of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 6 Buns such as hamburger, brioche or potato
- Green salad
- Potato chips
Wash and dry the pork roast and place into the crockpot. Pour BBQ sauce over the pork, making sure to cover it completely. Error on the side of too much sauce over not enough. The meat will be drier if it is not completely covered with sauce while cooking. Once you start the cooking process, DO NOT LIFT THE LID.
Set crockpot to low and cook for 8 – 10 hours. Put it on before you go to bed at night. It will make you feel like the cooking fairies came while you were sleeping.
When finished cooking, remove lid and use two large forks to shred the meat while still in the crockpot. If not serving immediately, cover again and put on warm setting.
Spoon warm shredded pork onto buns and serve with coleslaw, chips, and/or a green salad. Consider ordering side dishes from one of your local restaurants to show them some support and to make this even easier on you.
Store leftover pork in airtight container in refrigerator.
- 6-8 Buns such as hamburger, brioche or potato
- 3 ½ – 4 pound pork shoulder roast
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce (12 ounces or more)
For Optional Sides
Prepared Foods Aisles
- Coleslaw (if you will not eat the coleslaw right away, ask for the sauce on the side. You can mix it with the shredded vegetables just before serving)
- Green salad
- 1 large bag of potato chips