Slow-Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos
- 1 ½ pounds beef chuck roast (up to 3 pounds depending on your crock pot capacity)
- 1 medium onion, diced (2 if using 3 pounds of beef)
- 1 cup water (1 ½ if using 3 pounds of beef)
- 1 package (1.25-oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix (I like Bearitos)
- 1 (12-count) package Taco Shells
Toppings: shredded lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
Place beef and onion in slow cooker….onions on the bottom. Combine water and seasoning mix in a small bowl. Pour over beef and onion. Cook on LOW for 8 hours. (Tip: I start the crockpot at night before going to bed)
While still in the crockpot, shred beef with two forks and stir to incorporate the juices evenly. Cover and keep warm
Fill warmed taco shells with beef mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, salsa, etc.
Note: you can substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the beef. Simply adjust the cooking time to 5-6 hours on low setting.
1 ½ – 3 pounds beef chuck roast
1 yellow onion
1 head lettuce
One 1.25 ounce Taco seasoning packet
Hard taco shells